Tuesday, January 5, 2010

FOOD

I am trying desperately to use up all of my Rice before we move. Granted I have a while but I have ALOT of RICE! We are avid stir fry eaters however I am really sick of my 4 stir fry recipes ( I know everyone says stir fry is the easiest you just add a little of this and a little of that). I am Someone who needs a recipe, there is no adding a little of this or that until I watch someone else do it. I blame it on the fact that I don't love food enough to know what goes well together. Well I don't love dinner foods that much. I do know that almonds, and hard candy coating go well together chocolate in between or not. I know that peanuts and Carmel always go together, see I do know a little when it comes to eating. This doesn't help with stir fry. If any of you have a great recipe I'd love to have it.

5 comments:

Heather A said...

Here's a sauce recipe for stir fry that is a little different, but I like it.

Lemon Sauce:
1/2 c. margarine
1/2 clove garlic, crushed (or powder)
2 tsp. flour
1/3 c. water
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. poultry seasoning (opt)
1/8 tsp. Tabasco (opt)

Heat margarine and garlic in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until butter is melted. Blend in flour. Cook over low heat, stirring, until mixture is bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. May be doubled if you like a lot of sauce.

I haven't made this for a while, but I think I usually double it except the butter. That seems like a lot of butter to me. So anyway, hope you don't already have a lemon stir-fry recipe.

jamie t. said...

This may sound really weird and I won't be offended if you don't try it or you do and don't like it. I grew up eating it and my girls like it. We call it

Rice Goulash

2 1/2 Cups ish cooked rice
frozen peas about 1 C.
about 3 eggs scrambled
bacon bits
ranch dressing

Thaw peas and throw in with hot rice. Add scrambled eggs. bacon bits, and ranch dressing until creamy. Sorry I don't have more exact measurements, its just kind of what you like. I like the simplicity of it. We also eat it with warm french bread! It's not great the next day so I usually don't make enough for left overs. Just FYI

Kensie said...

Here are a couple of recipes. The first one calls for noodles, but you can substitute rice and it is awesome. Enjoy!! We miss seeing you guys!

http://finderskeepersrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/03/funky-chicken-and-sesame-noodles.html

http://finderskeepersrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/02/slow-cooked-sweet-and-sour-pork.html

Unknown said...

so this isn't stir-fry, but do you guys eat sweet rice for breakfast? Just boil your rice until soft then add butter, sugar, honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg if you like it. Add some milk. Basically it is oatmeal for breakfast, but rice instead-very yummy!

Aubrey said...

Jenny, I would love to talk to you about Columbus. I need to get your email address or phone number!